Closing date is 31st August 2018. Please see the qualification criteria and Terms and Conditions.
The aim of the Warbirds Over Wanaka Community Trust Flying Scholarships is to address one of the risks identified around the future sustainability of our Airshow – a possible lack of Warbird display pilots in future years. The Trust is looking for younger pilots, passionate about Warbirds who wish to have access to these aircraft with a view to flying them.
• Each scholarship is approximately to the value of $5000. It covers aircraft hire, insurance, fuel and instruction.
• One or two scholarships will be awarded annually to an individual or group of pilots who might require some specific training and the Scholarship should be taken up within a year of acceptance of the scholarship.
• The applicant must have a minimum of 200 hours as PIC.
• The applicant must be over the age of 18 and under the age of 50 by the time he/she would receive the scholarship award.
• The applicant must be a NZ resident
• Applications open on 2nd July and close on 31st August 2018.
• Successful applicants will be announced by the end of October 2018.