The aim of the Warbirds Over Wanaka Community Trust Flying Scholarships is to address one of the risks identified around the future sustainability of our Airshow – a possible lack of Warbird display pilots in future years. The Trust is looking for younger pilots, passionate about Warbirds who wish to have access to these aircraft with a view to flying them.
• Each scholarship is approximately to the value of $5000. It covers aircraft hire, insurance, fuel and instruction.
• One or two scholarships will be awarded annually to an individual or group of pilots who might require some specific training and the Scholarship should be taken up within a year of acceptance of the scholarship.
• The applicant must have a minimum of 200 hours as PIC.
• The applicant must be over the age of 18 and under the age of 50 by the time he/she would receive the scholarship award.
• The applicant must be a NZ resident
• Applications will open on 1st July 2019 and close on 29th August 2019.
• Successful applicants will be announced by the end of October 2019.